Free Online Software Links
Prepare your tax returns with the following online! All software programs are safe and allow for free federal and state preparation and e-File and direct deposit of refunds.
- Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) up to $34,000 in 2018, OR
- Qualify for EITC, OR
- Active duty military with AGI of $66,000 or less
State Filings: Free state filings up to 2 states.
Income not on a W-2? Find out if your form is free by clicking here.
- Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) of $55,000 or less AND Age 56 or younger
- OR Qualify for EITC,
- OR Active military with AGI $66,000 or less
State Filings: Free state filings.
What Forms are Supported? Click here to see a list of free forms.
Income Limits: Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) up to $66,000 in 2018
State Filings: Free state filings up to 3 states.
What to do if you are seeing a charge? If your AGI is less than $66,000 and all of your federal and state forms are supported, but you are sill seeing a fee:
- First check to see if they see the MyFreeTaxes logo on the top left of their screen (desktop) or center (mobile). If you don’t see the logo, (1) log out, (2) go to http://www.myfreetaxes.com, (3) click on “file now”, (4) log back in.
- If you still see a fee prompt, contact the Support Team by filling out the form at: https://www.myfreetaxes.com/support. Members of the support team will get back to you to resolve the issue and ensure you do not need to pay a fee to file.